PROJECTS AT THE LABORATORY OF APPLIED BIOLOGY
- Screening and characterizing native algal strains for bio fuels.
- Bio prospecting of local algae as potential protein and lipid sources .
- Screening and characterization of local algal strains for value added products.
- Screening and characterizing local sea weeds for their nutritive value and value added products.
DEVELOPMENTAL STUDIES IN PLANTS
- Mass spectrometry based proteomic and metabolomic analysis of stress involved in Capsicum sp.
- Mass spectrometry based proteomic and metabolomic analysis of thigmo morphism in Anacardium occidentale
- Production of Radiation induced novel ornamental varieties in zinnia sp.
- Micropropagation of orchids
- Carbendazim bio sorption by local micro algae : Potential bioremediant
- Carbohydrate analysis of local micro algae
- Optimization of Colchicine extraction process from Gloriosa superba